Thursday, July 16, 2009

The one with Avada Kedavra!

It arrived!  Our night of destiny!!  Darren, Lauren, Rachel and I went to the Arclight to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince!  It is the 6th book/movie in the series and it was probably the most exciting 2 hours and 45 minutes I ever experienced!!!  (worst 2 hours... Transformers 2.)  We like to think of it as "the sexual climax of our summer of destiny" (Darren's words)  With glasses, lightning scars and wands at the ready we laughed, sighed, gasped, wept... and mostly giggled like wee school girls.  

                                                      Darren shows off his lightning scar.

Lo and I retrieve memories to put into the pensieve.  Lo's memory looks to be a most troubling one.
                                      Performing the unforgivable curses upon each other.

Lo endures the cruciatus.  Looking back, I'm not sure how her body can contort like that... I think I might have actually performed the spell.


   Rachel judges us.  She's in Slytherin.




And so another unfathomably awesome HP experience came and went.   There are two movies left.   I shall bring a vial of poisoned oak-matured mead to the last movie and drink it as the credits roll as I will have nothing left to live for and can then die to the Harry Potter theme music.  Avada Kedavra!!

1 comment:

  1. Will you please wear these glasses to trivia night? Thanks.
    Emily #1

    ReplyDelete